Igor Cukrov born (6 June, 1984) is a Croatian singer, musician and television personality. He came to media attention as one of sixteen contestants of talents show Operacija trijumf, Balkan version of Endemol's Star Academy. Cukrov represented Croatia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 alongside Andrea Šušnjara with the song "Lijepa Tena", written by Tonči Huljić.The song qualified to the final from the second semi-final as the jury's selected qualifier. It eventually finished in 18th place with 45 points.
Igor Cukrov is currently in a relationship.During the Operacija trijumf, he was linked with the Montenegrin contestant Nina Petković. He admires artists such as Andrea Bocelli and George Michael.
Cukrov performed as the Split Festival where he was awarded a prize for best debutant and he has also gained experience as a tenor of the a Capella Cambi singers.
The Operacija trijumf is the Balkan version of Endemol's talents show Star Academy. It included the young talents from whole former SFR Yugoslavia (except Slovenia and Kosovo) — Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia. The show began on September 29, 2008. Cukrov showcased his singing abilities through a wide repertoary, singing opera songs such as "Con te partirò" of Andrea Bocelli, but also rock songs such as "Angie" of the Rolling Stones and "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" of Aerosmith. The contestants of the Operacija trijumf, including Cukrov, supported Goran Karan at his concert in Belgrade, singing "Stand by Me".
Igor Cukrov was expelled on the 13th gala event, losing in telephone voting to Vukašin Brajić.During the show, there were some rumors that the judge Tonči Huljić is very protective about Cukrov, because he was never nominated, until the twelfth gala; Huljić later stated that expelling Cukrov was an injustice.
During the Operacija trijumf, Igor Cukrov performed the following songs:
* Gibonni & Oliver Dragojević — "U ljubav vjere nemam" with the student Nikola Paunović (Gala 1)
* Željko Joksimović — "Leđa o leđa" with Željko Joksimović (Gala 2)
* Dino Merlin & Željko Joksimović — "Supermen" with the student Vukašin Brajić (Gala 3)
* Gibonni — "Libar" (Gala 4)
* Kemal Monteno — "Nije htjela" with Kemal Monteno (Gala 5)
* Andrea Bocelli — Con te partirò (Gala 6)
* Oliver Mandić — "Poludeću" (Gala 7)
* The Beatles — "Yesterday" (Gala 8)
* Bijelo dugme — "Ako ima Boga" (Gala 9)
* Indexi — "Žute dunje" (Gala 10)
* The Beatles — "Help!"/"A Hard Day's Night" with all male students (Gala 11)
* Zdravko Čolić — "Jedna zima s Kristinom" (Gala 11)
* Celine Dion — "My Heart Will Go On" with the student Nina Petković (Gala 11)
* The Rolling Stones — "Angie" (Gala 12)
* Prljavo kazalište/VIS Idoli — "Mi plešemo"/"Maljčiki" with the students Ana Bebić and Vukašin Brajić (Gala 12)
* Aerosmith — "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" (Gala 13)
* U2 — "With or Without You" (Gala 13) with the student Vukašin Brajić
* Film — "Pjevajmo do zore" with the students Andrea Harapin, Ivana Nikodijević and Kristijan Jovanov (Semifinal, revival)
Eurovision Song Contest 2009
After the Operacija trijumf, all the contestants expressed the will to participate at the Eurovision Song Contest 2009, which will be held in Moscow. The Croatian OT contestants Cukrov and Ana Bebić immediately qualified for the final event. The song "Lijepa Tena" was written and composed by famous Croatian musician Tonči Huljić. The Croatian final for the Eurovision Song Contest – Dora – was held on February 28, 2008, and Igor Cukrov won with the total of 30 points. The song competed in the second semi-final where it won qualification for the final as the jury's selected pick. It finished in 18th place.
* 2009: Upcoming compilation of Operacija trijumf contestants
* 2009: "Lijepa Tena"